The failure to check the Cadillac CTS tire pressure can decrease fuel economy and lead to tire wear. In fact, it is pertinent that you keep a close eye on the state of your tires to prevent the tires from blowing out unexpectedly while driving. Therefore, to keep your tires in tiptop shape, you need to check for deflation every month. The following information will tell you on how you can check if the tires need inflation:
- When the Tire Is Cold, Inspect the Tires. Automakers advise people to check their vehicle's tires after they have cooled down. By checking the tires right after you have driven the Cadillac CTS for instance, will provide you with an inaccurate reading. It's better to check the tires in the morning, but if you want to check them after driving the vehicle, check them after 30 minutes.
- Take the Valve Cap Off. The valve cap is black, small, and located near the hubcap. The valve cap is no longer than a pencil-sized extension, which is about 1 inch long. Therefore, you need to place it in a secure place where you know it won't get lost.
- Press on the Air Pressure Gauge against the Valve Cap. Take the air pressure gauge, align it evenly with the valve cap, and press on it. If you hear a hissing sound when you press down on the valve cap with the air pressure gauge, it indicates that the gauge is not tight and will give you an inaccurate reading. Repeat this step for two to three times until you get an accurate reading.
- Compare the Readings with the Reading provided by the Manufacturer. The Cadillac CTS is a sedan, which means that the tire pressure in most sedans is about 27 to 32. In some instances, it can be 40 as well. To get an accurate comparison, refer to the owner's manual, or look inside the vehicle for a chart located on the driver's side.
- Inflate Your Tires. Either you can refill your tires at home using a portable air compressor that you can find at any store or you can go to the gas station. Choose the way that is convenient to you.
Don't forget to check our blog for more amazing tips. If you are interested in buying a used vehicle, you should pay us a visit at Baierl Automotive located in Pittsburgh, Cranberry, and Wexford.
Baierl Automotive prides itself in offering all of the following brands: Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jeep, Kia, Lincoln, Land Rover, Lexus, MINI, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Pontiac, Porsche, Saab, Saturn, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagen.
Baierl Automotive is located in Wexford, Pennsylvania. Serving North Hills, Franklin Park, Sewickley, Coraopolis, Cranberry, Mars, Zelienople, Butler and all of Greater Pittsburgh, PA. Driven to be better!
This entry was posted in Baierl Automotive and tagged Baierl Automotive, Cadillac, Cadillac CTS, CTS, Pittsburgh Cadillac, Pittsburgh Cadillac CTS, Pittsburgh CTS, Pittsburgh Used Cadillac, Pittsburgh Used Cadillac CTS, Pittsburgh Used CTS, used cadillac, Used Cadillac CTS, Used CTS on 07/31/2014 at 7:31 PM